This week's guest is producer, bassist, musical director and songwriter Wayne G Miller. Wayne has performed with or acted as musical director for a range of artists including Mike Posner, Christina Perri, AlunaGeorge, and Snakehips. He now produces and writes for various artists, both major label and independent, and mentors up and coming artists. We had a great conversation about touring, transitioning from the road to producing in the studio, battling the scarcity mindset, the importance of working on music you love, and having clarity on why you take a gig.
In this episode, we'll dig in on...
- A great song supersedes everything
- Underestimating the relational factor of getting a gig
- Quoting jobs
- Battling the scarcity mindset
- Transitioning from MD to producer
- Playing late night shows as rite of passage
- Starting out in Portland and moving to LA
Learn More About Wayne G Miller...
Playlist of his work: Here
Visit LA Songwriters Collective here
The Complete Producer Network: https://the-complete-producer.mn.co/
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List!
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Guest: Wayne G Miller
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Travis Ference
Theme Music: inter.ference