Today’s guest is Madelynn Eylse, an LA-based musician and the founder of the boutique label services company Shark Attack. Madelynn founded Shark Attack to empower indie artists and to help them navigate the landscape of today’s new and ever changing music industry. Since 2016, Madelynn has coached over 100 artists along their path to being truly independent as well as worked with the major labels. We cover topics like activating the Spotify algorithm, how to grow using TikTok, what a successful ad campaign looks like, and release strategies for new music in 2022.
In this episode we'll dig in on...
- The do's and don'ts of playlisting
- Release strategies for new music in 2022
- Getting a record deal offer and turning it down
- Sync licensing as a source of income
- Passive streams vs gaining fans
- What a good Call to Action looks like
- What to spend music marketing dollars on and how
- Organic growth metrics to look out for in 2022
- Pre-Save vs Pre-Order
- Building fans through Tik Tok
- Understanding Spotify for Artists
- Playlist botting
- Social media engagement targets
- Disco: Music Management and Sharing Platform (https://disco.ac/)
Learn More About ...
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Beats Accelerator Process HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Mix Accelerator Process HERE!
Join my Studiocast.io Studio and get behind the scenes of Progressions!
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Guest: Madelynn Elyse
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference