Our guest this week is Grammy nominated mixer Jesse Ray Ernster. Jesse has made a splash since his arrival in Los Angeles with quick chart success engineering for Kanye West and mixing for Burna Boy. We have a great chat about his career so far, his unique path to success, the importance of keeping the art and the team first, and using systems to increase your efficiency.
In this episode, we'll dig in on...
- Recording Kanye and traveling the safari
- Building momentum
- Having a clear vision of your goals and knowing what drives you
- Setting yourself apart when applying for gigs
- Mixing via remote control from the beach
- Waking up early
- Sending out 100 emails a day
- Living the California dream
- Session flow difference between commercial and home studios
Learn More About Jesse Ray Ernster...
Hear a playlist of Jesse's work here
The Complete Producer Network: https://www.completeproducer.net/
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List!
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Guest: Jesse Ray Ernster
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Travis Ference
Theme Music: inter.ference