Today's guest is Grammy winning mastering engineer Evren Göknar. Evren spent 25 years on staff at Capitol Mastering in Hollywood and now works independently from his own studio, Evren Göknar Mastering. His credits include artists like, KISS, Smashing Pumpkins, Mariah Carey, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beastie Boys, and NBC's The Voice. He's also recently written a book called "Major Label Mastering" which has been released on Routledge. We chat about working for a major label, writing a book and the importance of listening musically.
In this episode, we'll dig in on...
- Working on classic Capitol releases
- Writing a book and finding a publisher
- Finding your niche
- Playing in bands around Hollywood
- Client communication
- Going a different path from your college peers
- The importance of understanding music
- Mastering studio wiring and setup
- Having control of your schedule
- Sorting out your business
- Working a the desk to get into a recording studio
- Knowing people
Learn More About Evren Göknar...
Get "Major Label Mastering" HERE!
Get on the waiting list for The Beats Accelerator Process HERE!
Join The Complete Producer Network HERE!
Support the show on Patreon!
Gear and Recommended Reading: https://kit.co/travisference
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List!
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Guest: Evren Göknar
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Travis Ference
Theme Music: inter.ference