Our guest this week is six time Grammy nominated producer, mixer, programmer, songwriter, and all round good human Damian Taylor. Damian found himself in heavy demand early in his career after becoming one of the first masters of audio editing and automation within DAWs. His career has taken him around the global and his discography is filled with household names such as The Prodigy, Arcade Fire, The Killers, Temper Trap, and Bjork. In addition to his daily mixing and production projects, Damian has also recently started streaming production sessions live on Twitch, and has launched a social network for producers, engineers, musicians and music creatives called The Complete Producer Network.
Travis' Intro: Deep Work
In this episode, we'll dig in on...
- Encouraging community and sharing knowledge
- The intersection of productivity and creativity
- How relocation can help redirect your career
- Re-thinking your approach to the internet
- Starting his career in London and working out of Strongroom Studios
- The power of constantly learning
- The Complete Producer Network
- Making records on six of the seven continents
- Pro Tools chops
Mentioned in the Episode:
- "Deep Work" by Cal Newport - Here
- "Getting Things Done" by David Allen - Here
- "The Talent Code" by Daniel Coyle - Here
- Toggl Software Time Tracker - Link
Learn More About Damian...
Twitch TV: https://www.twitch.tv/hereisdamian
Check out a Spotify playlist of his work here!
📢 Our Sponsors 📢
Check out oeksound. The makers of Soothe2 and Spiff!
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network!
Listen to Secret Sonics!
🙏 Progressions the Show 🙏
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Damian Taylor
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Travis Ference
Theme Music: inter.ference