Our guest this week is six time Grammy nominated producer, mixer, programmer, songwriter, and all round good human Damian Taylor. Damian found himself in heavy demand early in his career after becoming one of the first masters of audio editing and automation within DAWs. His career has taken him around the global and his discography is filled with household names such as The Prodigy, Arcade Fire, The Killers, Temper Trap, and Bjork. In addition to his daily mixing and production projects, Damian has also recently started streaming production sessions live on Twitch, and has launched a social network for producers, engineers, musicians and music creatives called The Complete Producer Network.
In this episode, we'll dig in on...
- Encouraging community and sharing knowledge
- The intersection of productivity and creativity
- How relocation can help redirect your career
- Re-thinking your approach to the internet
- Starting his career in London and working out of Strongroom Studios
- The power of constantly learning
- The Complete Producer Network
- Making records on six of the seven continents
- Pro Tools chops
Learn More About Damian...
Twitch TV: https://www.twitch.tv/hereisdamian
The Complete Producer Network: https://the-complete-producer.mn.co/
Check out a Spotify playlist of his work here!
"Deep Work" by Cal Newport - Link
"Getting Things Done" by David Allen - Link
"The Talent Code" by Daniel Coyle - Link
Toggl Software Time Tracker - Link
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List!
Progressions Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/progressionspod/
Progressions Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ProgressionsPod/
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Guest: Damian Taylor
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Travis Ference
Theme Music: inter.ference