This week's guest is composer, recording artist, and sound designer Cyrus Reynolds. A classically trained musician from London's Royal Academy of Music, Cyrus has had success not only with his own music, but also in the world of trailer music. He has collaborated with artists such as Bon Iver’s S. Carey and Novo Amor and contributed sound design to artists likes Kanye West and Change the Rapper. He's also done work with Output, helping design instruments for them such as Exhale and Arcade. We have a great chat about his unique blend of cinematic orchestra with modern songwriting, how recording techniques influence creativity, and why following your passion or interests will always lead you to the most fulfilling version of your career.
In this episode, we'll dig in on...
- Goal flexibility
- Coming from a classical music background
- Experimenting and trying to move the needle
- Funding your own orchestra recording
- Finishing parts on the plane on the way to Abbey Road
- Using AI and randomization parameters to recreate human tendencies
- Creating plug-ins for Output
- Collaborating with other artists
- Writing trailer music
- Tuning systems and tuning relative to the music
Learn More About Cyrus Reynolds...
Listen on Spotify Here!
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Beats Accelerator Process HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Mix Accelerator Process HERE!
Join my Studiocast.io Studio and get behind the scenes of Progressions!
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Guest: Cyrus Reynolds
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Travis Ference
Audio Restoration: Dan Viafore
Theme Music: inter.ference