This week's guest is sound design wizard, entrepreneur, and tech enthusiast Chris Gear. Chris is a co-founder of the hugely popular ADSR Sounds as well as the owner of both OhmLab and SoundFreqs. He’s known throughout the industry as a go to designer and producer and has done projects with companies such as Native Instruments, Output, and Noiiz. We have an eclectic and fun chat about the importance of working with intention, allowing creation to be unique to each of us, and how giving someone a tool without telling them how to use it empowers their creativity.
In this episode, we'll dig in on...
- Discovery through intention
- The ability to make any sound out of any other sound
- Finding perspective through seeing something through to the end
- Showing up!
- We all have the same tools, it's how we use them
- The dangerous of being highly comparative
- Building a viral online community
- Going from anti-digital to digital only
- Royalty free music
Learn More About Chris Gear...
The Beats Accelerator Process: http://beatsaccelerator.com/
The Complete Producer Network: https://www.completeproducer.net/
Turning Point Coffee Roasters: https://www.turningpointcoffeeroasters.com/
Turning Point Code: PROGRESSIONS
Gear and Recommended Reading: https://kit.co/travisference
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List!
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Guest: Chris Gear
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Travis Ference
Theme Music: inter.ference